Monday, March 09, 2009

Do channel par "Jay" ho?

I think Arnab Goswami of Times Now pulled a fast one on viewers tonight.

This happened between 9:32 and 9:34 PM on March 09, 2009.

Mr. Jay Panda of BJD (you can get more information on him here) was live on CNN-IBN talking to Rajdeep Sardesai and Chandan Mitra of the BJP. I happened to flip the channel to Times Now and heard Arnab say that he will shortly have Jay Panda of the BJD on the program shortly. I was naturally curious and was wondering how was this being made possible. Jay Panda did appear on the program, answered Arnab's question and then vanished. At the exact same instance, Jay was also talking to Rajdeep.

From whatever little forensics my brain understands, I could make out that Jay was indeed having a conversation with Sardesai and Mitra and Arnab could have very well inserted a recording with tremendous effect. Just that he did not expect a detective like me watching two channels at the same time :-)

Mind you - this is supposed to be LIVE television... Or is it deferred live? How deferred? 5 mins, 10 mins?

No comments: