Monday, April 19, 2010

Hooray, I was a sitting duck !

I went to watch the Mumbai-Bangalore IPL match and heard one of the blasts at around 3 PM. Did not understand what it was - it never crossed my mind that it could be an act of terrorism and I was so close to the epicenter of the blast :-) It was only after they started flashing a message about the match being delayed, did people started talking about bombs.
I will be very honest, at no point was I scared. Ticketgenie.in (the online ticket site where I purchase the tickets) had earlier lost my tickets in courier. When I confronted them, they gave me Rs49/- tickets (the guest pass to pavilion). Now the issue was what if the match gets canceled, what refund would the organizers give me :-) This was the only thought that crossed my mind, apart from the fact that I would not be able to see Sachin Tendulkar play... Basically, my brother put it succinctly - "haath to aaya, par muh na laga", roughly translated as "I had (food) in my hand, but could not eat it".
But the match happened - and it was a good match. I shamelessly cheered Sachin's team, much to the chagrin of my fellow Bengalureans, but I did not care. After all, Mumbai's team is called Indians and I am an Indian first and a Challenger later. The only thing I was pissed about is Bangalore's fielding and that they chose to hold on to Tendulkar's catch alone.

No comments: