Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Date of Expiry?

I travelled from Bangalore to SF over the weekend and a very funny incident happened at the airport. The Singapore Airlines folks were distributing a form to everyone who was going to the USA. It was mandatory to fill out that form with an ominous "Homeland Security" cited as the reason.

The form had fields in the following order:
  1. Name of the traveller
  2. Passport number
  3. Date of birth
  4. Date of expiry

I was zapped looking at questions numbered 3 and 4. I pointed to a Singapore Airlines official that I do not know my date of expiry :-) She asked me to fill the details of the passport there. Then I pointed out that my passport was issued and not born and it did not have a date of birth :-D. The person just looked at me, could not even smile and walked away.

2 comments:

idunno said...

Hi Mr Kshitij,
I am a very happy user of your chart generation software. I understand you are in the Bay area now. I would love to be able to talk to you over the phone. Could you give me a number to call you at?
Thank you
cheers
dynamix

రామ ShastriX said...

Man, there's no connection between your post (still chuckling over that) and dyna's comment.

I feel sorry for you.